23.2.10

You still got it

Taking a break from my harsh treatment of Manhattan's elite, I'd like to dedicate this post to the elderly. I'm not talking about bent over, ornery, grouchy, old people. I mean those old people who think they're still "hip" enough to use facebook. While there are many elements of facebook that should be dissected in this blog, I'm going to just say, old people. Get off facebook. "Facebook is a social utility that helps people communicate ...". Well someone clearly never taught these old people what communication means. Communication is a two way street, it means engaging with other people, not just posting statuses about everything you think and feel. I'm tired of having my home page littered with old people commenting on the weather, their parents surgeries, and their kids achievements. I'm not trying to sound insensitive, although that is completely how this is coming across, I'm simply saying that facebook is not the venue for you. If your profile picture has ever been a picture of your kids, if you are filling up your own profile with your status updates, I have a solution for you. It's called Twitter. So go on old folks, explore and enjoy the technological age, as long as you can figure it out without your kids help that is. Go on, find your niche, find your twitter. It also for works for self-centered people who only want to see people respond to their own thoughts, right John Mayer? Or if you fall under that category, you could always just make your own blog...

1 comment: