18.2.10

2 hipsters are better than 1

In honor of last weekend, and Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share reasons number 18 & 19 of Why I Hate Trendy People: They find obnoxiously trendy partners and they're in a cult. No joke.
Standing in a coffee shop alone on Valentine's Day is just dangerous territory. However, caffeine was necessary. In this said coffee shop every table was littered with trendy people of all sorts. Ordering "food", or at least what passes as food for rabbits, and staring into each others equally, shallow eyes. It's not the couples that I have a problem with, power to them for finding someone interested in the same things/clothing choices, but the issue is more with the encouragement they give each other to dress in ridiculous outfits. It was 30 degrees outside, a sun hat is just not appropriate. She was a perfect example of all the clothing choices that grind my gears. The complete disregard for weather, the ugly 1800s boots, and was using her expensive, digital single lens reflex camera to take artsy pictures of the side of her boyfriends face. I stopped dead in my tracks, I honestly didn't have anything to say. Luckily the servers at the cafe bumped into me to shake me out of my shock and disgust. For some reason the waiters at the cafe continuously bumped into me and my friend, keep in mind we were tastefully dressed in heavy coats, while avoiding the trendy people at all costs. It seemed as though wherever I stood, I was in the way. Whether it was next to the counter, or next to the door, or somewhere in between. Whenever I moved, so did the apparently "open" window of space. I saw no such window. However there was about a foot wide gap between the trendy people. But of course that wasn't noticed. Which leads me to believe...
Trendy people are in a cult.
Perhaps its subliminal, and they are given secret messages through the designer fashion shows and tool-ish "indie" bands they listen to... But they always know each other and do favors for each other. The trendy waiters gave me no such special privileges, but the other hipsters were given quite superior service. I should sue...
They all find a way to unite. You see one group of trendy people in the dining hall, next thing you know, they've merged and created a super group of mind numbingly obnoxious self-appointed know-it-alls. So watch your back, don't double cross a trendy person. They'll send their mob to get you... look out for flying monolos.

No comments:

Post a Comment